As your Bellingham Urologists, we specialize in the treatment of Pelvic Floor Weakness with, or without, Bladder Prolapse. Learn more by starting the conversation with our expert staff or by requesting an appointment.
- Do you suffer from frequent urination or the urge to urinate, or have urine leakage with activity, or frequent urinary tract infections? Do you have the feeling that your bladder hasn’t emptied fully after urination? Have you ever experienced discomfort or pain in the vagina, pelvis, lower abdomen, groin, or lower back?
- If you have a sensation of heaviness or pressure in the vaginal area or painful intercourse, you may have pelvic floor weakness. Untreated it may even lead to your bladder bulging from your vagina.
- Many factors can cause weakness or stretching of the pelvic floor muscles, including: vaginal births, multiple pregnancies, heavy lifting, chronic coughing, constipation, menopause or pelvic surgery.
What can be done about it?
- Bellingham Urology group offers a range of treatments for all degrees of pelvic floor weakness.
- Mild cases of pelvic floor weakness can be treated with Kegel exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. Estrogen replacement therapy may also be offered as well as the Mona Lisa Touch. In more advanced cases, your provider may recommend a pessary (device to support the vagina and internal organs) or surgical placement of supportive mesh (sling).
- The full range of care can be provided by the team at Bellingham Urology Group. Don’t be uncomfortable another day.